In order to be considered for admission, the student must:
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Have a strong mathematical background ratified by her/his performance in his/her courses of calculation and algebra.
- Have proficiency in the English language of at least intermediate level ratified by TOEFL exam or equivalent. A quick option is to take the ETAAPP offered by the Chilean-North American Institute.
- Have successfully completed introductory courses in Management and Economics.
- Have a strong background in statistics ratified by her/his performance in pre and post graduate statistics courses.
- Present grades obtained at undergraduate and level if applicable, with a certificate of graduation ranking in both cases.
- Write a of up to 500 words
- Students who has taken the GRE or GMAT, may present their official results, although it is not mandatory to be admitted in the program.
As of June 3rd until October 25th, 2019, inclusive. The decision of acceptance and scholarships will be announced on November 30th, 2019.
Documents requested for application:
- Original document of certificate of title or degree or a photocopy certified by a notary. If the applicant is a foreigner, their certificates must be legalized according to the Apostille agreement (http://apostilla.gob.cl).
- Certificate of grades of undergraduate and/or postgraduate university studies with graduation ranking. Similarly, if the applicant is a foreigner, the certificates must be legalized by the Chilean Consulate in the country of origin.
- Curriculum vitae (Type format: Curriculum Vitae).
- Two recommendation letters from qualified people for a PhD program (national or international Doctors or PhD). (Type format: Recommendation Letter). The letters must be sent personally by the people who recommend, not later than October 25th, 2019, to the Doctorate Coordinator’s email address, Ms. María Paz Matamala: email@example.com
- A letter of statement of purpose, indicating the previous training that has prepared him/her for applying to this Doctoral Program. It must also contains what his/her personal motivations are and how this Doctorate can prepare him/her for his/her future aspirations (Format type: Personal Motivation Letter).
- TOEFL or equivalent test results which demonstrate proficiency in English in an advanced intermediate level.  The ETAAPP offered by the Chilean-North American Institute in Santiago is an equivalent test accepted by the program.
- Legalized photocopy of identity card on both sides or passport for foreign students.
- Birth Certificate.
- An ID-card-size photography with name and RUT (the latter if applies).
All requested documents (except letters of recommendation) must be sent in a sealed envelope addressed to the Program Director
Jean Sepúlveda Umanzor, Ph.D
Director – Doctorate in Business Economics
Faculty of Economics and Business, Universidad del Desarrollo
Ainavillo 456, 2nd Floor.
The Admission Committee will evaluate the background information sent by the candidates and will make a pre-selection based on the adjustment between the presented background and the objectives, characteristics and requirements of the program. The shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by all or part of the selection committee.
- Students apply until October 25th, 2019.
- The admission committee makes a pre-selection with those candidates who meet the admission requirements and fit the program profile.
- The shortlisted candidates will be referred to an individual interview with the whole admission committee or part of it.
- The admission committee draws up a ranking with the selected candidates.
- The admission offers are sent to the best candidates, that is, those ones which the committee considers have a higher probability of successfully completing the demanding doctoral studies. The best candidates (with a maximum of 5) are offered a scholarship.
- Inception date for applications: June 3rd, 2019
- Applications deadline: November 15th, 2019
- Interviews: November 2019
- Outcomes of applications: November 30th, 2019
- Start of academic period: March 2020.
María Paz Matamala
Faculty of Economics and Business
Universidad Del Desarrollo, Ainavillo 456, Concepción.
(+56) 41 2686638
 Students who later want to apply for the co-tutelage system at Macquarie University, must meet the language requirements required by that university.